Download PowerPoint Show (12.6 Mb)
input of a DXF file in BISCO (without preparation in BiscoDxf).
The bitmap is automatically created using the (default) layer definitions.
layer name in a DXF file starting with a number of 3 digits (000 up to 255)
sets this number as colour number of the layer (also in BiscoDxf).
A layer name of format “xxx_y_name” sets the colour number (3 digits xxx) and
fill type (digit y, from 0 up to 3).
parameter “Use border colours” in function Bitmap > Size…
Improved detection of grooves and interconnections in function Bitmap >
Faster triangulation of bitmap (as initial step of thermal system
calculation), because of elimination of graphic feedback.
radiation simulation in a TRANSMAT cavity at the bitmap border is improved.
Graphic output of single isothermal line.
Batch calculation starting from DXF files with included EN 10077 preparation.
Creation of graphic report files also possible in batch calculation (from
either BSC or DXF files).
Show left top point coordinates of current colour from Measures window in
status bar (to facilitate its location in the bitmap).
tool BiscoBmp to edit and prepare BMP files (containing move/copy of selection
Multiple BISCO simulation results can be imported in one step in the Word
Word report template with improved style control of imported report items.
Download PowerPoint Show on new functionalities of version
10.0w (1.9 Mb)
Automatic preparation of the bitmap to minimise the user intervention for the
calculation of the thermal transmittance of a window frame according to EN ISO
rules for type EQUIMAT (rules CEN_DIR_I and CEN_DIR_E), TRANSMAT (rule
CEN_DIR_I) and BC_FREE (rule CEN_DIR_I) to calculate the thermal conductivity
and convective heat transfer coefficient from the real heat flow direction.
These extensions are in line with the expected revision of the standard EN ISO
The RADCON module needs to be installed to use these new rules.
Distances and U values can be defined in a slanted direction (using Distances
The Derived Thermal Properties dialog box is adapted to include possible
references to those (slanted) distances and U values.
Current split zone parameters can be set as default parameters (saved in the
BISCO parameter file).
Batch calculation and command line program execution with automatic report
text and report index files generation.
- 64-bit option:
With the 64-bit option the 2 Gbyte RAM limit of the standard 32-bit BISCO
version can be exceeded.
Bitmaps of up to 32767 x 32767 pixels are possible.
The maximum number of nodes depends on the RAM installed.
Download PowerPoint Show on new functionalities of version 9.0w (2.2 Mb)
- BiscoDxf: conversion of DXF file to BMP file
- Bitmap size, placement and resolution can be modified at any time
- Load layer definition file of other data
- Read/write compressed 256-colours BMP files
- Faster response times when using drawing tools
- New bitmap editing functions:
- Crop bitmap borders to remove border margin around drawing
- Import BMP file into current bitmap
- Delete colour preserves adjacent hard materials and expands adjacent soft
materials (based on thermal conductivity)
- View/impose U values at bitmap borders
- Calculation of equivalent thermal conductivities of air
- Optimisation of air cavities by detecting grooves and
interconnections (smaller than 2 mm or 10 mm)
- Editable surface emissivities
- Automatic adjustment of heat flow direction
- Use solution temperatures or default temperatures
- Cavity at bitmap border mirrored or not (i.e. bitmap border is axis of symmetry
- Thermal transmittance of window frame:
- Frame with two glazings (i.e. two insulation panels)
- Detect zones of reduced heat transfer (at internal boundary condition)
- Initialisation of distances (based on window frame colour number)
- Adjustment of distances with resize of bitmap or pixel
- Additional BISCO data template with more colour numbers
for air cavities
- Text output: relative humidity for surface condensation
- Report generation:
- Free definition of graphic report files (PNG or BMP)
- Function "Make Report" generates text files and graphic files
- MS Word template document with macro to import report files at bookmark
Download PowerPoint Show
on U-value calculation of window frame (1.3 Mb)
- More bitmap functions:
- Insert/delete pixel band (e.g. to modify the width of a material layer)
- Resize pixel without modifying the bitmap size (e.g. to get a rounded pixel
- Delete colour in bitmap (e.g. to clean up the bitmap)
- Merge colours (to reduce the number of colours having the same thermal
- Zoom in/out via mouse wheel
- More graphic output functions:
- Automatic labelling of colour numbers in bitmap
- Fill heat fluxes (to show the magnitudes of the local heat flow vectors)
- BiscoDxf: tool for fast conversion of DXF drawing (R14)
to BISCO bitmap
- Benefits: free definition of pixel size and bitmap size
- Interesting for productive input of large amounts of well prepared DXF
- BiscoDxf only supports a limited set of DXF commands (e.g. 2D polyline)
- No support is given (only resources are BiscoDxf manual and R14 DXF
- Transparent material (in RADCON module):
for gas cavity with conductive and radiative heat transfer.
- Bitmap editing in BISCO:
- View pixel coordinates
- Draw pixels and lines
- Colour pixel zones
- Edit colour palette
- Enlarge/reduce/rotate bitmap
- Easier use of BISCO template data file
- More info in Measures window
- Graphic output of calculation results:
- Show temperature at cursor location
- Upgrade info for users of BISCO v6.0w
- Excel sheet for special calculation of equivalent thermal conductivity in
BiscoPrep auxiliary program to
edit colour numbers of a BISCO bitmap file.
The zoom functions in the main
window are made identical to the zoom functions in the Graphic Output window.
The CEN rules in the Thermal
Properties window are renamed (to make them conformable to the nomenclature in
the Physibel program TRISCO).
Two new types of boundary
conditions have been introduced:
1. Enclosures with unknown temperature and global
surface heat transfer coefficient
2. Borderlines between colours having a fixed
temperature or heat flux (“borderline BCs”).
Line measures parallel to X and Y
can be defined to get dimensional information and to be used in thermal
Thermal quantities in line with
European standards can be reported in the Text Output window: temperature
factor (EN ISO 10211-2), linear thermal transmittance (EN ISO 10211-2),
thermal transmittance of a window frame (prEN ISO 10077-2).
Developed for Windows 95 / 98 /
Easy switching between program
languages (English, Dutch, French, German).
Extensive material patterns.
A preview of the geometry (bitmap
figure) during the project selection.
A highlighted preview of the
current object colour clarifies the input of measurements and thermal
A preview of material properties
during the material selection.
A zoom function.
An improved calculation method.
The calculation is about 50 times faster.
Graphs can be stored as bitmaps
with a user defined resolution.
Built-in batch procedure to
execute several calculations without any intervention of the operator.
Built-in converter for data from
previous BISCO versions.